Lactec’s Microscopy Laboratory acts on the surface evaluation of polymeric metallic materials. The laboratory is equipped for the preparation of samples for the evaluation of these surfaces, with optical microscopes for reflection and transmission and scanning electron microscopes with a dispersive energy detector (EDS) for semiquantitative analysis of the elemental chemical composition of surfaces.
- Semi-quantitative evaluation of the elemental composition by scanning electron microscopy with EDS (SEM / EDS);
- Determination of structural morphology by scanning electron microscopy (SEM);
- Measurement of surface layer thickness and SEM diffusion;
- Optical reflection microscopy for surface evaluation;
- Transmission optical microscopy.