The Oil Laboratory operates in the analysis and evaluation of insulating fluids, such as insulating mineral oil (OMI), insulating vegetable oil (OVI) and silicone, used for the cooling and insulation of electrical equipment. Based on advanced techniques and national and international regulatory standards, it makes diagnoses and reports on the conditions of insulating fluids and equipment.
Routine analyzes on insulating mineral oils:
- Neutralization index;
- Dielectric strength;
- Water content;
- Power factor;
- Interfacial tension.
Chromatographic analysis in insulating fluids:
- Dissolved gases;
- Determination of the concentration of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB);
- Determination of dibenzyl disulfide (DBDS);
- Determination of furanic compounds (2-FAL).
- Carbon composition;
- Refractive index;
- DBPC inhibitor;
- Flash point and combustion;
- Aniline point;
- Corrosive sulfur;
- Pour point;
- Particle counting;
- Compatibility of materials with oil;
- Oxidation stability;
- Kinematic viscosity;
- Insulation surface relative humidity (URSI).
- Degree of polymerization of insulating paper;
- Testing of moisture content and by-products in SF6 gas;
- Lectures and training;
- Sample collection.