The Climatic Conditions and Artificial Weathering Laboratory provides services to various segments of the industry, such as automotive, civil construction, and energy. It is equipped to assess the resistance of materials against corrosive and aging processes and the maintenance of the external appearance of parts. It considers changes in properties and performance, influenced by factors such as light, temperature and humidity incidence. The laboratory’s outstanding equipment is the Weather-Ometer artificial weathering chambers, salt-spray, climatic and humidity fog, QUV and thickness, traction adhesion and gloss meters. It is through them that standardized tests are carried out with various substrates and protection systems in aging chambers, which expose the equipment to concentrations of chemical substances and physical conditions, such as extreme temperatures, much higher than those normally found in the environment. For the neutral salt spray test, which evaluates the resistance of materials to corrosion, the laboratory is validated by Renault and accredited by the General Coordination for Accreditation (Cgcre) * for energy meter samples.
- Weather-Ometer artificial weathering;
- Accelerated aging UVA and UVB;
- Climatic conditioning, with controlled temperature and humidity;
- Accredited * neutral salt spray test for energy meter samples (ABNT NBR 14520);
- Exposure to neutral, acetic and acetic cupro salt spray;
- Exposure test to neutral salt spray validated by Renault (D17 1058 / –J);
- Adhesion, thickness and gloss measures;
- Measurement of electrical resistance between connectors and cable;
- Heating test on the connection of the connectors with the cable under test;
- Connector thermal cycles;
- Short circuit in loops in thermal cycles.
* Some of the tests are accredited by the General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro (Cgcre). The complete scope of the accredited tests can be found at the link www.inmetro.gov.br/laboratorios/rble.